Thursday, April 06, 2006

Belinda, Belinda... Wherefor Art Thou?

Numerous reports are now suggesting that potential powerouse candidate Belinda Stronach will NOT be running for the op job of the LPoC. My intial reaction: Bwa ha ha ha ha ha... and so on and so forth. She naturally has her own reasons for making this decision, which was no doubt difficult to make. After all she had many who were willing to help in her campaign, and star-power to boot.

That being said, I didn't see any short-term success heading her way. I think there are too many people who still don't trust her. I find her to be a little too eager in her leadership aspirations. Goals are important yes, but I think hat through her political career she has demonstrated more often than not that she is doing this for Belinda. Naturally some will disagree with me. I feel though that her floor-crossing was motivated by greed and a lust for power. She saw that her goals would have to be put on hold within the Conservative Party. When she got the chance, she jumped ship... and right into a cabinet position.

I don't like her and in some ways I'm glad she's not getting her shot at the top. However, my own guess is that she'll stick around to keep learning the ropes. I think she'll be there come next Liberal leadership conference. She won't give up and I respect that quality in her. But that respect stops pretty much there. If she wants my trust, at least as much as I'm willing to give a Liberal, she'll have to show that she's thinking less about Belinda and more about the country that she wants to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home