Thursday, March 09, 2006

Back Again?

My posts have been somewhat.... nonexistent for the past little while. The little cold I caught on my return to Canada turned out to be a lot worse than I thought it would be. I've also been dealing with a few papers requiring attention.

My post today is somewhat short: I support our soldiers in Afghanistan. Sure it's tough and of course it has huge risks. Does it really come as a surprise? I hear a lot of people saying we should just pull out now before it gets worse and to that I say nonsense. We'd be cowards if we just turned tail and ran at the first sign of trouble. We've made a committment and we as Canadians should be willing and proud to support those who put their lives on the line as soldiers.

UPDATE:
While I'm not unsympathetic to the tragedy that some families deal with, I have to say that this kind of attitude really bothers me. A review: when people sign up to serve in the military there will be risks involved period. Don't be naive and expect that everything will always be fine and dandy. I would like to think that if my son were killed in action that, while I would struggle with the grief and loss, I would also be extremely proud of the service he had given. Again, saying we should pull out just because things get hot has more to do with cowardice than anything else. If you hate me for saying that, fine. Then get over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home