Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tim Hortons

Anyone who's lived in Canada long enough is probably familiar with Tim Hortons' 'Roll Up the Rim to Win' contest. I myself have even managed to win a free hot chocolate or two in the course of my rolling up of said rim. Now we are privileged to see humanity at its finest now that at least two people are feuding over one lucky cup for a new SUV. Here's my take.

First off, I have to say that both fathers in this situation are being ridiculously hardheaded and greedy. I don't care what you say your reasons are. The way I see it, you have no excuse for your behavior and should really be ashamed of yourselves. This isn't about higher principles and failed chances... it's about not wanting to show any weakness, and ultimately, it's about getting as much as possible.

Two words: grow up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the person who threw out the cup is demanding a DNA test on the cup to prove that he was its original owner.

5:02 p.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

I look at what the little girls said they should do: just share the car and take turns with it. The world is so simple to so many children. To them this isn't about money or about who gets what. They shared in something special and I think it's unfortunate that the parents couldn't take some of this advice to heart.

7:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Cournoyer is a great man!

12:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home