Thursday, January 19, 2006

Their man, Buzz

You know, I have to say that the more I hear Buzz Hargrove 'get political' and wade into this election, the more I question his credibility. I've never known a president of a union to be so heavily involved before now and I don't think he's really helped the Martin camp all that much.

What is he thinking when he says that it would be better for Quebecers to vote for the Bloc in order to stop the Tories and put the Libs back in power? His suggestion is ludicrous and seems to have made for some pretty awkward Martin moments from what it looked like. In my opinion, if he has any shred of intelligence he'll keep his mouth shut until after election day.

There's a good deal of talk about whether the Tories have peaked. I think that the Liberals apocalyptic forecasts have had somewhat of an effect. Howver, I'm trying not to be overly concerned about this. I think Canadians are smart enough not to fall for Liberal desperation again. If anything, the variance among different polls shows that this will be an exciting race. What's more exciting for me is that fact that the Conservatives are maintaining their lead. I think that confirms what many people have been saying: the mood for change is real and it will very likely make a difference come election day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

oh yeah.... a practical celebrity. Maybe one of the most famous almost-senators in Canada.

9:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home