Thursday, January 12, 2006

I Almost Feel Sorry

Today was very busy on the campaign. This was probably the most true in the Liberal camp. With a full day of photo-ops and interviews, I'm sure Paul Martin hoped that he would be able to turn things around. He couldn't. The Conservatives went up in the polls to widen the lead to 12 points, and the 'Apocalypse Canada' ad dominated the agenda.

I also find it interesting that big Liberal events are not as well attended these days. And as for those who are there, well, they don't look too happy or enthusiastic. It's a pretty sharp contrast from the Liberal Party we saw back in November, almost rejoicing during the non-confidence motion.

Paul Martin is looking tired, and I think he's starting to face the facts that he will lost this campaign. In my view, it would take nothing short of a miracle to halt the Tory momentum and return Mr. Martin to power. There are still 10 days in this campaign, yes, but I just don't see how the Libs can do it this time.

I almost feel sorry... but I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home