Monday, January 16, 2006

Fundamental Flop

Today has been a bit of a challenging day for me. I will say that the surgery went well and that there were no complications. My left eye is very, very tender and I 've had to learn how to go about my daily activities without such things as depth perception. It's a funny thing that depth perception... we don't realize how difficult things can be without it.

I just watched an interview with Paul Martin by CTV anchor, Lloyd Robertson. What a farce! There were about three phrases you could count on hearing him say, regardless of the given topic: fundamental(ly), values, and "I've gotta tell ya." In fact, you could probably apply these simple phrases to the entire Liberal platform and, that's right, talk like the Prime Minister. For example: "Now, I've gotta tell ya that fundamentally what we have got to do about (insert important election issue) as Canadians is fundamentally make a dinstinction about values." You get the idea.

I'm sure Paul Martin is a nice guy personally, but he's got to rely on more than just the play button in order to make a point. Fundamentally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home