Saturday, May 27, 2006

The New Cold War

Much has been written lately about the continuing spat between the Prime Minister and the Parliamentary Press Gallery. I'll admit that at times I've been concerned about the direction that this was going. However, the more I read and think about the issue the more ridiculous I realize this whole thing is. Since I couldn't really say it any better, be sure to check out The Black Rod for some nice comments on the whole situation. For some glimpses into how similar tactics have been employed by Prime Ministers past, check out Andrew Coyne.

I also read an interesting piece straight out of my hometown. (Sarcasm on) This demonstrates some truly enlightening reporting on the issue (sarcasm off).

If anything, we get an idea about just how divisive the issue has been... at least for the media. It must be disheartening for them, though, when they see that they're almost the only ones who even care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home