Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Let's Go Oilers, Let's Go!!

My posts have been extremely rare in recent weeks. I am currently working two jobs, one of which is particularly taxing. I'll try to make more of an effort in the future to get my thoughts out there. There has been lots happening... too much to pass up.

In any case, Edmonton is awash in Oiler pride tonight as they have just won a hard fought series against San Jose. I'll admit, as dangerous as it is in this town, that I was not much of an Oilers fan when I first moved here for school. I was more of a playoff fan and I enjoyed watching the post-season when hockey really seemed to matter.

Seeing the enthusiasm and excitement from nearly the entire community has simply been amazing. While I have a bit of a hard time after any Oiler victory (my apartment is just off of Whyte Ave. and it gets a tad noisy) it has been really neat to see. I lived in San Francisco when the Giants were in the World Series a few years back and the feeling there in no way compares to the excitement found here in Edmonton. I've even gone out a few times to try and take at least a taste in... most times though, I'm content to be a spectator. I took one too mant high fives to the face on my last outing to convince me to stay out of harm's way.

I know it's early but I would love to see the Oilers bring home the Cup. It would be a truly remarkable experience to share with so many people all rallying behind the same cause. Bring it on, Anaheim... you've got a fight on your hands.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

senator: Yes, they are.

7:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home