Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Is This Winter?

Life indeed rolls along. Things seem to have settled into their more organized chaos with me. School is picking up and I have plenty of readings to keep me busy. My eye is almost at 100% and getting better every day. My son is healthy, my wife is happy and in less than three weeks we will be basking in the tropical sun on the island of Oahu. Yes, life is wonderful.

Politically, there isn't much on the radar. No one has died of Harper-ism and Canada as we know it continues to exist. I'm looking forward to seeing the new cabinet. In my view, it will give everyone a very good idea about the kind of country that Stephen Harper wants to build. He has a lot of very talented people to work with and I know they'll do some great things for me and for all Canadians.

We continue to enjoy this 'heat wave' in Edmonton. Before I moved up here a few years ago for school I had the expectation that winters would be pretty intense in the City of Champions. My experience has thus far been a warmer winter each year. Temperatures have only recently begun dipping below zero and even then, it isn't by much. I haven't enjoyed a winter simliar to this since my time in northern California where it wasn't a whole lot warmer (maybe between 5 and 10 degrees celsius).

I'm not complaining and I don't pretend to know what's causing it. Global warming? Something in the water? Excessive burrito consumption? Who knows. But it's times like these when I get to thinking that maybe finding the thermometer a bit warmer than usual isn't such a bad things after all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i concur my brother. the wonderful weather is indeed quite pleasing. Anyhoo. good to hear all is well with thee.
Can't wait to see you all in hawaii :P
darrin

10:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home