Thursday, January 26, 2006

Street Racing

I just watched a report about a street-race in Ontario that resulted in the death of an innocent man. It really is sad to see stuff like this happen.

My take is this. Firstly, I think it is unfair to say that these kinds of action are the direct result of playing a particular video game. This is the fault of two people who did something extremely stupid. The blame falls squarely on them in my view.

As somewhat of a gamer myself, I consider video games to be a harmless pursuit of enjoyment. A vast majority of people I know have more than enough intelligence to distinguish between what goes on in reality and something they see on the small-screen.

I sincerely hope that these young men get what they deserve. Barring the fact that the victim was about to become a Canadian citizen, it is still a needless tragedy that should not have happened. In my mind, jail time and plenty of it can help to set things right. Maybe I sound a tad harsh but I have very little, if any, patience for those who refuse to accept the consequences of their decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home