Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Not just for Geeks Anymore

Last night my wife and I went to see Video Games Live, a concert featuring music from a number of classic video games. I've long been a self-described geek, a fact graciously tolerated by my loving wife, and I purchased tickets to the event months ago. I wondered, though, in the days leading up to the show just how many people would show up.

As we made our way to the front of the Jubilee Auditorium, both of us were impressed to see a sell-out crowd of not just gamers, but also families and other adults eager to relive a little nostalgia. The music was provided by the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and it sounded incredible.

As a gamer I was in heaven, but as a music lover, I have to say that it was perhaps one of the finest concerts I've ever attended. Anyone looking for an enjoyable night out should definitely look into this. Info can be found at the website linked above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home