Friday, January 19, 2007

New Year's Resolutions: Belated Edition

It's been far too long since any sort of real update. I'll credit that to a busy few months at school coupled with some personal matters requiring my attention.

I've seldom taken the time to write down any kind of goal that I have set for myself. Perhaps, though, taking advantage of this space might just give my blogging a bit of a shot in the arm.

Here are a few blogolutions (ba dum bum tchhhh....) for the upcoming year.

1. Post more regularly. There's always plenty going on around the world and in our own country to talk about. Sometimes the best way to figure out what you really think about any topic is to take some time to write about it.

2. Comment more often on other blogs. Blogging can often be a great opportunity to engage in healthy discussion and debate. Plus, it's a lot more exciting to share your ideas with others whether they agree or not.

3. Write about more local content. Even though I have little desire to fully engage in true Edmontonianism, at least in this point in time, there are a number of increasingly important issues worthy of more discussion. I'll try not to limit that to the Oilers poor performance as of late. Yikes.

4. Use this as a medium to collect my thoughts on my upcoming teaching experiences. I'll be beginning my first student teaching earl next month teaching German out in Spruce Grove, a community just west of Edmonton. I'm really excited, if not a tad nervous, for the opportunity to teach a foreign language. I expect to learn a great deal about myself in the coming months... perhaps more than I could expect. Simply wunderbar!

5. No more procrastinating... starting tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home